Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Better Late Than Never

     So I am fairly new at this blogging thing, but I thought I would give it a try.  I started a blog years ago, hoping to find like-minded woman, who were mothers getting ready to release their first-born children out into the world, however, I never got too far.  I did have one follower, who visited one time.  Does it count if it was my sister?  I have debated for over a year about what I could blog about.  I mean, I think I can be very entertaining, but that doesn’t mean others will agree.  Lately, I have had much to rant about, so I thought, what about a blog for my rants?  While helping a dear friend with a work blog, we discussed the possibility of my blog and I mentioned I didn’t think people would visit a site just to read the rantings of a fifty-something woman.  She responded that she didn’t know about the blog, but THAT would be a great title, so here I am.


     I have many interests and not enough time for any of them.  I’m a teacher in my 29th year.  Yes, I must be a special person.  Yes, I must have a lot of patience.  Yes.  Yes.  Yes.  Actually no, but, my teaching career has been an evolutional journey, which I may get to in the evolution of this blog.  I had a few ideas for blogs.  A blog about teaching as a 50-something and all that encompasses that reality might be interesting.  Becoming an author has always been in the back of my mind and I would like to write an historical fiction/ time-travel novel about my family history in Europe, so I thought I could blog my book.  I am or was, a mother of children with special needs, so I thought I could start a support blog for parents who are experiencing the things my family and I have already navigated.  Deciding between these ideas was holding me back, for more than six years, so I thought I should just start.  So here I am.
   My hope is that this will be one more creative outlet for me.  I am also hoping, to link my blog with resources to help those dealing with: special needs, those interested in historical fiction, teachers who need support, and women who are lucky enough to have reached fifty-something.  I hope you will enjoy this unknown journey with me so that someday I will need to change the title to “The Rantings of a Sixty-something Woman.”



4 comments :

  1. This is a great start! You are a great writer, so go for it, dear friend. Include the things you mentioned as they pop into your head! I think you are a person who needs to write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear friend! Your kind comments are just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love THE RANT and am sure it will get RAVE Reviews. I'm sure, as your dear friend, that has fabulous ideas about titles, that this is a productive and supportive outlet. AND, it's very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete